Whenever you're going out on a date, you need to keep certain things in mind. There are certain basic etiquette that needs to be followed. There are certain must do things that you should keep in mind and there are also certain must not do things that you should keep in mind. These things range from basic common sense to specific practices for a date. Below is a list of dos and don'ts that one needs to follow.
THINGS TO DO ON A DATE
- First and foremost, be respectful to your date. Everyone wants to be respected and it is your duty to show proper respect to the person you love.
- Attitude is also very critical thing. Individuals with positive attitude are appreciated and people feel comfortable with such person. So, always have a positive attitude.
- In the stressful life of the 21st century, some sense of humour is always welcome. Try to develop a good sense of humour. Always try to look at the humorous side of things. People love it if you can find something humorous in a stressful situation. It can also be a great icebreaker.
- Punctuality is a great virtue. How would you feel if your date currents up one hour late than the scheduled time? Not great, I suppose. So please be punctual yourself and also ask your date to be punctual.
- Always do some planning before asking someone out on a date. Planning takes out a lot of the uncertainty and will make you feel a lot relaxed in your date. Planned dates are always safer and more enjoyable.
- If you are a male, make sure you receive your date and drop her home. It is a sign of good manner.
- Smile is one of the most contagious things. Always have a nice smile on your face. Practice in front of a mirror. And try to be natural in your smiling. Do not make it forced or else you will appear awkward.
- Be polite in your nature. Do not show arrogance or rudeness towards anybody. Even if such behaviour is in your nature, try to control it and in course of time remove such behaviour.
- Be a gentleman and offer to pay the bill.
THINGS TO AVOID ON A DATEEven more than the “things to do” listed above, it is more important that you avoid doing any of the things listed below.
- Do not ever force your date into doing something. Everyone has free will and respect that. Moreover, trying to force someone into doing something can land you into serious trouble. It is a serious offer.
- While you certainly have your expectations from a date, avoid being too eager for something.
- At all costs, avoid bragging about yourself. Such arrogant behaviour is not loved by anyone. It will only serve to bring your image down to your date.
- And coming to personal hygiene, make sure you do not go with dirty teeth. Always brush your teeth before going to a date. You do not want to give that foul smell of your mouth to your date. Keep some peppermint chewing gum in the pocket. It comes handy.
- On the same lines, do not go with bad odour. Have a nice shower before you go out on a date.